I love cleaning products. I love them.
Thinking about the day I first used my Dyson still makes me misty.
I love cleaning products but I hate the chemicals. It’s hard to find pet friendly, eco-friendly, organic cleaning products that are worth the money. It’s surprisingly easy to make them yourself.
Being the cleaning product geek I am, I took it upon myself to test several different recipes in order to find the best DIY cleaning products. My mission: use common household items that are pet and eco-friendly. Not all of my recipes are 100% organic, but I can guarantee you have everything you need to make them already at your disposal.
Let’s get our Ms. Clean on, y’all.
LediaMedia’s Homemade Shower Cleaner
What You’ll Need
- 6 oz white vinegar
- 6 oz dish soap
- 1 spray bottle
- Funnel (optional)
Creating Your Homemade Shower Cleaner
- Heat 6 oz. white vinegar in microwave-safe dish until very warm. I recommend starting at 15 seconds.
- Pour 6 oz. of dish soap into spray bottle. Use a funnel to make this easier.
- Pour a small amount of heated white vinegar into a spray bottle. This will cause intense foaming action. Repeat until all vinegar is in the spray bottle.
- Shake well.
Please note: only heat the white vinegar the first time you mix the solution. Do not reheat after use.
How to Use Your Homemade Shower Cleaner
- Spray mixture anywhere in shower (tub basin, walls, shower curtain or wall, shower head, etc).
- Use a sponge to clean away dirt, grime, and soap build up.
- Rinse with hot water.
That’s it! Simple, huh?
What I Learned
This smells fantastic! Seriously — unicorn fantastic. The solution is GREAT at removing soap scum. I was surprised at how thoroughly it cleaned the tub and walls. It’s safe to use while you are in the shower — yes, that means you can shower and clean the shower at the same time.
What is one shower cleaner recipe that you’ve used? Please share in the comments below.