Being the cleaning product geek I am, I took it upon myself to test several different recipes in order to find the best DIY cleaning products.
I tend to use common household items so I can get the most bang for my buck. This is my second homemade recipe to share with you. The first was a homemade shower cleaner.
Let’s get our Ms. Clean on, y’all.
LediaMedia’s Homemade Glass and Window Cleaner
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 spray bottle
- Funnel (optional)
Creating Your Homemade Glass and Window Cleaner
- Combine white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, water, and corn starch into spray bottle using a funnel for easy transfer.
- Shake well until all ingredients are mixed. It should have a milky appearance.
Using Your Homemade Glass and Window Cleaner
- Spray window and glass cleaner on mirrors, windows, and anything glass.
- Wipe clean using a circular motion.
- Be sure to shake before each use. The corn starch will settle at the bottom of the bottle.
What I learned
This cleaner doesn’t drip and run. Okay, it ran a little bit, but not at the accelerated rate Windex seems to. Great for a streak-free shine but may require one more ‘coat’ if the glass/mirror is really dirty.
Did you know: you can use newspaper to clean glass and windows if you are out of paper towels.
What do you use to clean mirrors and windows? Please share in the comments below.