I used to be a cleaning product hoarder. I had 10+ cans and bottles full of cleaners with a single purpose. Most would clean a bathroom orkitchen surface, but never both. I’m a busy woman and don’t have time to switch back and forth!
Instead of crying about this first world problem, I did some research to find one awesome all-purpose cleaner. I wanted something I could use in the kitchen and bathroom. I asked my network for their go-to recipes and did some serious Googleing.
I believe I’ve found the magic solution! It was actually shared by my friend Jessica Cabiness on Twitter. I tweaked it a little bit and voila! Isn’t being a connected domestic wizard awesome?
LediaMedia’s Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
What You’ll Need
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (lemon or peppermint)
- Hot water
- Funnel (optional)
Creating Your Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- Using a funnel, pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda into a spray bottle.
- Slowly pour 1 cup white vinegar into the spray bottle. This will cause a fizzing reaction so pour slowing and carefully!
- Add 10 drops of essential oil. Both lemon and peppermint smell great and have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Fill rest of spray bottle with hot water.
- Shake until well mixed.
Using Your Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- Once mixed, spray cleaner onto counter tops, sinks, ovens, stoves, toilets, and floors. It will disinfect just about anything.
- Avoid mirrors and glass, as it will cause streaking and smears when wiped off.
Although the smell isn’t the greatest, white vinegar is an organic disinfectant that is safe to use on all hard surfaces. It’s great if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals around food.